One of the biggest questions I get asked is what to wear on an Alaskan Cruise. And while there are tons of options for warm weather gear or what you need to pack, the challenge can often be finding CUTE outfits for an Alaskan Cruise.
(You can read more about our 7-day Alaskan Cruise with Princess Cruise Line here!)
I’ve often considered our Alaskan Cruise
You have all these
- Excursions (what you do in port)
- Comfortable ship clothing
- Dinner wear
- Formal dinner wear
- Swim or workout clothes
The first tip I give to anyone going on a cruise or an extended vacation is to invest in some good suitcases. I purchased these Samsonite suitcases and they were perfect. They are extremely lightweight (which means you can pack more and stay under that 50lb limit).
They also make a great “drawer” by opening them up and laying them flat. You can slide them right under the bed for extra storage in your cruise cabin.
In order to fit everything I could for this trip, I took one full-size suitcase (that I checked at the airport), one carry-on sized suitcase, and a backpack that went under my seat.
Cute Alaskan Cruise Outfits
Let’s start with clothing for your Alaskan excursions! This can also be tough to pack for because the weather in Alaska is really
So when you hear people say dress in layers… dress in layers! Or at least bring your backpack to the towns with you to hold extra clothing.
Here are some great suggestions for looking cute during your Alaskan Cruise Excursions….
Pink Pom Winter Hat – Bring a girly side to Alaska with this cute but warm winter hat
Pink Cozy Sweater – Great for chilly days around Alaska. Wear it by itself or with a jacket for added warmth.
White Down Jacket – It’s always a good idea to bring a warm jacket on an Alaskan Cruise. This white down coat adds a feminine touch with the faux fur collar and gold details.
Mom jeans – I LOVE mom jeans. They are super cute and since they are a little baggy, you can layer leggings under them if you get really cold.
Sorel Boots – Always a good investment. Sorel boots are really warm, come in tons of colors and very comfortable to walk around all day in.
Samsonite luggage – Lightweight so you can pack more and stay under the 50 lb weight limit!
How Should I Dress For An Alaskan Cruise?
If you plan to do some hiking or sporty adventures like kayaking or boating, go for something warm but athletic. I love starting with basic colors and adding fun
Women’s Orange Knit Hat – Soft chunky hat to keep you warm.
Orange Brushed Blanket Scarf – Uber soft scarf that keeps you warm and can also act like a blanket if you’re sitting down.
Grey Puffer Vest – Perfect laying piece to keep you warm but easily folds up into your pack if it gets too warm.
Long-Sleeved White Tunic with Pockets – A must-have for an Alaskan Cruise. You can wear this alone or as a layering piece to almost any outfit.
Fleece Lined Leggings – Fleece-lined
Orange Fanny Pack – If you don’t want to carry around an entire backpack, the fanny pack is a great option. I’m so glad they are back in style!
Orange Foldable Backpack – This is one of my favorite backpacks because it is very af
Waterproof Ankle Boots – These are a great pair of boots that won’t take up as much room in your suitcase but still give your feet a lot of protection from cold weather and water.
Follow along on PINTEREST for more information about Alaskan Cruises!
More Outfit Ideas For Your Alaskan Cruise
While planning out your Cute Outfits For An Alaskan Cruise, don’t forget to add some fun but functional items. You can still look really cute in Alaska with some of these
Red Winter Coat with Faux Fur Trim – Add a big pop of color to your Alaskan wardrobe with this bright red winter coat. The faux fur and gold details give it a touch of glam in the wilderness.
Dark Denim Jegging – Get yourself a good pair of dark denim for your Alaskan Cruise. You can wear them out on excursions or dress them up for dinner with a pair of black heels and blouse.
Cross Body Bag – If you arent into the fanny packs, and a backpack is too big to carry around, check out this perfect crossbody bag. It’s lightweight and has tons of pockets room for everything you need when walking around Alaska.
Red Glossy Hunter Boots – Still my favorite purchase to date. Add a
Soft Stretch Winter Headband – Perfect for the ponytail girls out there. This chunky headband will match your coat and keep your ears warm.
North Face Pullover Sweatshirt – I recommend a good basic
Plaid Flannel Shirt – What better way to look like you belong in the great outdoors than with a flannel shirt? Get one with a touch of red to match
Get more ideas on what to wear on your Alaskan Cruise, including Formal wear, swimwear and casual ship attire HERE!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- What To Wear on an Alaskan Cruise: Part 1
- The Ultimate Guide to Cruise Ship Dining
- 25 Must Pack Items For Your Cruise
- First Time Cruise Tips You Need to Know!
Pin for Later!
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert and enthusiast, I have personal experiences or expertise. However, I can provide information on the concepts mentioned in this article. Let's break it down:
Alaskan Cruise Outfits
When packing for an Alaskan cruise, it's important to consider the unpredictable weather in Alaska. Dressing in layers is recommended, as temperatures can vary greatly. Here are some outfit suggestions for your Alaskan excursions:
- Pink Pom Winter Hat: A cute and warm winter hat to bring a girly touch to your outfit.
- Pink Cozy Sweater: Great for chilly days in Alaska, can be worn by itself or with a jacket for added warmth.
- White Down Jacket: A warm jacket with a feminine touch, featuring a faux fur collar and gold details.
- Pink Touch Screen Gloves: Slim and warm gloves that allow you to use your phone while keeping your hands warm.
- Mom Jeans: Stylish and versatile jeans that can be layered with leggings for extra warmth.
- Sorel Boots: Warm, comfortable, and waterproof boots that are perfect for walking around all day.
Dressing for Alaskan Excursions
If you plan to engage in activities like hiking, kayaking, or boating, it's important to dress warmly and comfortably. Here are some suggestions:
- Women's Orange Knit Hat: A soft and chunky hat to keep you warm.
- Orange Brushed Blanket Scarf: An uber-soft scarf that can also act as a blanket.
- Grey Puffer Vest: A versatile layering piece that can be easily folded and stored in your pack.
- Long-Sleeved White Tunic with Pockets: A must-have for an Alaskan cruise, can be worn alone or as a layering piece.
- Fleece Lined Leggings: Takes up minimal space in your suitcase and provides extra warmth when layered under jeans.
- Orange Fanny Pack: A convenient option for carrying essentials without the need for a backpack.
- Orange Foldable Backpack: An affordable and cute backpack that can easily fold up for storage.
- Waterproof Ankle Boots: Provides protection from cold weather and water while taking up less space in your suitcase.
More Outfit Ideas
Here are some additional outfit ideas for your Alaskan cruise:
- Red Winter Coat with Faux Fur Trim: Add a pop of color to your wardrobe with this bright red winter coat.
- Dark Denim Jegging: A good pair of dark denim jeans can be dressed up or down for various occasions.
- Cross Body Bag: A lightweight and functional alternative to carrying a backpack.
- Red Glossy Hunter Boots: Stylish and practical boots that keep your feet warm and dry.
- Soft Stretch Winter Headband: Perfect for keeping your ears warm while maintaining a ponytail.
- North Face Pullover Sweatshirt: A basic pullover sweatshirt that can be layered under a jacket or worn with leggings.
- Plaid Flannel Shirt: A classic flannel shirt adds a touch of outdoor style to your outfit.
Remember to pack according to your personal style and preferences, and consider the specific activities and weather conditions you'll encounter during your Alaskan cruise. Enjoy your trip!
*Please note that the information provided is based on this article and general knowledge about dressing for cold weather.